Virtual Family Engagement Resource Fair
In honor of Family Engagement Month, the Mechanicsville Branch Library and the Center for Family Involvement at VCU would like to invite you to our upcoming virtual resource fair in November!
- The goal of the event is to provide families of children and young adults with disabilities with important information about the resources available to them, while still accommodating busy schedules and Covid-19 worries.
- Grab & Go bags, filled with informational brochures, flyers about upcoming events, and fun giveaways, will be available for families to pick up at the Mechanicsville Branch Library, starting November 13th through 30th.
- Additionally, we will be hosting a live Zoom event on November 13th at 12 PM with Renée Soniat from the Center for Family Involvement at VCU, where she will talk about their services in more detail and answer any questions people may have. Renée is the Central VA Regional Network Coordinator for CFI with the Partnership for People with Disabilities at VCU.
- After the CFI presentation, Valerie James Abbott, will do a Storytime reading of her book Padapillo. "In her debut book, Padapillo, readers follow the journey of a young family as they discover and come to terms with their child’s unforeseen, mysterious hearing loss. This engaging story explores the real-life experiences, doubts, and emotions that often follow a disability diagnosis and demonstrates how families can overcome challenges together" (www.valeriejamesabbott.com).
Registration is required.
This program is hosted virtually through Zoom and the meeting link will be sent to the email registered 1 day before the event occurs. If you don't receive your reminder email on Friday, November 12th, please contact the library.
For more information or if you have a special physical or communication need, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Mechanicsville Branch Library at 804-746-9615.
- Saturday, November 13, 2021
- 12:00pm - 1:00pm
- Mechanicsville Branch
- All Ages